The Alliance model of partnership in ministry works to build lasting relationships that offer the world hope while working for justice. We are amazed at what God continues to do in and through our ministry partners. We see their strength in peacemaking, their courageous justice work and their hope that together, we all can make this the world where God’s love is tangible.
We are passionately committed to our ministry partnerships based on the core values of:
- Empowerment. Recognizing our partner’s expertise in their mission and in their context, we aim to share power, building the capacity for all to respond to God's call.
- Accompaniment. Ministering alongside our partners, we learn how to grow a vibrant church and a deeper relationship with God.
- Trust. Surrendering ownership of ministry projects, we serve alongside others, equipping one another to respond to needs.
- Respect. Valuing the spirituality and wisdom across lines of culture and faith, we seek friendship and understanding in our world.
- Mutuality. We minister in partnership with others who have been marginalized, acknowledging our own experience of marginalization in Baptist life.
- Affirmation. Celebrating all that are called to ministry, we join hearts and hands, empowered by the One who loves us.
- Solidarity. We believe that together we work for justice, recognizing our mutual empowerment and need for one another in this journey.
Interested in becoming a ministry partner?
In order to be considered as a ministry partner of the Alliance of Baptists, please submit no more than a two-page rationale to the Mission and Ministry Partnership Committee outlining the reasons why your organization belongs among the Alliance ministry partners. Why the Alliance in particular? The Mission and Ministry Partnership Committee will then select from among these inquiries deemed an appropriate fit for partnership. Those seeking funding, if selected by the committee, will be sent a full grant proposal request form. The committee annually sends renewal forms to current partners.
The letters of inquiry can be mailed to 3939 LaVista Rd, Suite E-122, Atlanta, GA 30084 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizations may send letters of inquiry at any time of the year. The Mission and Ministry Partnership Committee sends out notifications in August each year inviting selected organizations to submit grant requests in time for the committee to review prior to the Alliance fall board meeting. At each fall board meeting, partnership grants are budgeted for the following year.
Our 2018 ﬁnancial commitment to our partners equals approximately 20 percent of our undesignated gifts for the year. Join us in loving the world God so loves by giving to the Alliance today! To request copies of our 2018 Active Hope brochure, email Paula Dempsey.