Parliament of the World's Religions. https://parliamentofreligions.org
- Churches and congregants can live and serve better as Jesus followers with faith formation that includes interfaith education. Indeed, it can be transforming and strengthening for the work of justice in today's pluralized world. Such an opportunity is available at the Parliament of the World's Religions. This global offering takes place November 1-7 in Toronto, Canada. Deciding now to attend will reap better airline and lodging expenses. Join Ken Meyers, Alliance faith formation specialist in Toronto. Ken has attended previously and found the event to be sound education and personally transforming. You can find details here: https://www.parliamentofreligions.org/parliament/2018-toronto/2018-powr. Contact Ken for more information at email@example.com.
Educational Center. https://www.educationalcenter.org
- The Educational Center provides a rich and rigorous resource for congregational Bible study. It is a Jungian-approach and lectionary-based study. The group coach does not seek to impose a landing place” for participants. Rather, each person is regarded as a thinking Christian that seeks the intersection of his/her story with God’s Story. The resource is Reading Between the Lines.
OMNIA Institute for Contextual Leadership. https://www.omnialeadership.com/
- OMNIA Training. Oct. 25-27, 2017 Chicago. A three day Leadership Summit where your limits will be challenged and your proven skills will be advanced to your next level of leadership. Contact Ken Meyers for more information.
- OMNIA’s method is to listen to, learn from, and stand in solidarity with those in the margins. It dismantles old, dilapidated top-down theologies, ideologies and cultural narratives that collude with oppressive power structures, and builds up fresh, relevant, experimental, and liberative ground-up ways of thinking and being.
Our Whole Lives (OWL). http://www.ucc.org/justice_sex...
- Our Whole Lives helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their relationships, health and behavior in the context of their faith. It equips participants with accurate, age-appropriate information in six subject areas: human development, relationships, personal skills, sexual behavior, sexual health, and society and culture. It provides not only facts about anatomy and human development, but helps participants to clarify their values, build interpersonal skills and understand the social, emotional and spiritual aspects of sexuality.
Oxford's Regent's Park College.
- Is Oxford in Your Future? Join faculty and students to hear from Dr. Robert Ellis, principal of Regent's Park College of Oxford University. Informational event, Sept. 26, 2017 at McAfee School of Theology, Atlanta
Religious Education Association. https://religiouseducation.net...
- Annual Meeting. Nov. 3-5, 2017 Join Ken Meyers for this annual event for scholarly papers, workshops, and congregational-specific resources